03 March 2014


In collaboration with my current class project, I decided to look for a website that focused on package design. As I have said in past posts I do not frequent many design sites and because of this I did not know any of the sort prior to this blog. After a little bit of searching, I stumbled upon a design site called: PackagingUQAM. Although it is in french, a short translation is included in every post, also google translate helps with everything that is not already translated.

When I first started browsing the site I was greeted by quite a selection of different designs from different types of people and purpose. There were designs that seemed to be very beautiful and functional, some made by children, some that were very creative but maybe not all that useful, and a grouping of speed drawing tutorials. At this quick glance I was able to see a wide variety of different designs very quickly and without the immediate need to click a link or zoom in on a picture. My experience with exploring and learning with this site was painless and pleasurable which to me is a very rare but satisfying find. It allows for user-paced and therefore effcient learning and growing. This site is definitely going onto my list!

2 comments:

  1. I think the packaging on the nuts and bolts is awesome looking and creative. I'm not sure how that product is sold in other countries, but in the US they are sold predominately out of drawers as singles. I guess my point is that research on how products are normally sold is important when designing the packages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the design for the nuts and bolts is interesting, but not very realistic. There is more packaging for the product then there is product (it's like when something comes inside of a packaging with nuts of protective material inside, but in this case it has no function). I think it looks cool, but provides an unrealistic result.

    ReplyDelete