15 April 2014

Agostino Iacurci - Street Artist


moscow1For this post, I choose to share the work of street artist Agostino Iacurci. What I find so interesting about him is the style of his pieces. His works of art are so clean around the edges, that they sometimes look as if they could have been done in Illustrator. I think that his style can be used as possible inspiration for designers.

 Aside from the style, the figures in the pieces are just as interesting as they are each unique in their own way.

atlanta_agostino_iacurci
3_red
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
http://www.agostinoiacurci.com/category/works/
Agostino Iacurci
Agostino Iacurci

3 comments:

  1. Hi Esteban,

    Its interesting that you also chose to do street art, it seems that it is a pretty popular topic this week. Agostino is a very talented artist and it would be really incredible to see his work in person. I would love to know how you found his stuff. Have you seen it in person? Have you been following his work? It is really interesting and neat, I like how different it is compared to normal street art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This artist is relatively new to me actually. I came across him when we were doing the package designs. I was looking was a street artist to use as inspiration for my packaging design when I came across his work. His style is just so unique from other street artists.

      He came up on multiple websites when I was researching street artists.

      http://www.buzzfeed.com/mackenziekruvant/street-artists-to-keep-an-eye-on

      http://www.designartmagazine.com/2013/10/italian-street-artist-agostino-iacurci_21.html

      http://beautifuldecay.com/2013/09/12/street-artist-agostino-iacurci/

      Delete
  2. What I like about his work is the simple shapes he uses in his pieces. Also, his color choices are great. The first image you posted reminded me of folk art. I would like seeing this kind of street art better than of regular graffiti because, like you said, the art is very clean and his style is unique. I'll bet that people who live in his area can recognize his work. It must stand out among the other street art because his style is so distinct.

    ReplyDelete