01 April 2014

inspiration in typography

searching through different websites a normal thing for me to find inspiration. I skim a lot of them looking for something that catches my eye and makes me want to investigate more.  Having a really short attention span doesn't really help my case either.  The other day I was looking for inspiration in typography as well as branding.  Wanting the next thing I did to be more unique than the last I stumbled upon this site with this designer. Juan Alfonso Solis, also know as JASM design is a spanish graphic designer that is based out of Ireland.  In this particular article and link to the website they are focusing mainly on an old apartment building which was originally built in the 1930's, they needed a clean and clear branding for the building.  They wanted to keep the old essence and being modern and contemporary at the same time. 


The project was done in sans serif and deconstructed from there.  you can see a selection of office supplies that the logo is actually on, as well as an app for tablets and such.  The idea is really inspiring because the designer took different aspects of say the neighborhood and design and put them together to make something modern and visually appealing.  http://www.jasmdesign.com/portfolios/le-29/


4 comments:

  1. That's quite creative actually. I get both the modern feel and the older feel as well with the serif "Le" and the sans serif "29". It seems to me to be fairly effective. My only concern would be that I wouldn't associate it with a condo project. However, if I was more familiar with Montreal, I might actually know how they name their streets and therefore understand it better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the combination of the serif and sans serif lettering in the logo. The subtraction of the number lets the mind complete the number which I think is really interesting. I like that the design is implemented on so many different objects as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The creativity in this post show a way to be modern, but still simple and clean. I like how the serif turns on and off throughout the type. The way they work together make them very interesting and fun to look at. It is nice to see the same look on so many different surfaces, even though they are not positioned the same, they all have the same feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking on his website, his work is so clean and bold, I really like his style. Since we are woking on branding/creating a logo for class I looked at his page about how he branded himself. He was saying that he created something that he could use on all platforms, he wanted to create something that he would be able to match to any kind of project.
    Looking at the images he provides I can see that he did a good job, his logo looks great on CDs, pencils, and cards.

    ReplyDelete