15 April 2014

CGI Chimpanzee's a reality?

So this awesome company turned a digital Chimpanzee into a living, breathing, story.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QUqp6VJIKI


The team at Mill did an incredible job working with both realism and a story line that captivates the audience and impacts us.

http://www.cgwires.com/developing-a-100-cgi-chimp-for-petas-98-human/


So why CGI Chimpanzee's? Or any other thing for that matter? When you use an animal in a production setting that animal must be trained and removed from its natural environment. These designers took quality to a whole new level. They broke down the animation into every conceivable section and used this as a building block for their design.

I don't know if I would personally like to create hyper-realistic designs, but I do enjoy the science and detail that went into the process. It would be really challenging to take on such a detailed quality, because if you mess even a small movement up, then the entire project is not realistic.

1 comment:

  1. That is really cool! They really made the chimp look realistic, it took me a moment to realize that the animal was digitalized because I figured the chimp was real and then they would show the digitalized one.
    The detail that went into creating the chimp is really impressive, I can imagine the time that had to go into creating this project. I don't think I would have enough patience to design the bones then the muscle then skin and hair.

    ReplyDelete