01 April 2014

Wolfgang Weingart

Wolfgang Weinkart is a Designer and instructor also known mainly for his typography explorations and teachings at the Schule Fur Gestaltung Basel.  He is also one of my favorite and inspirations in design.  Swiss design has always been a favorite of mine I have always been intreated how swiss design is so well known and noticeable in that style.  I am mainly intreated on the typography that is in that syle as well.  The design is put together so well it seems to always work in a way that is so visually appealing to the audience. 

With Woldgangs designs he stands out because the way he breaks the rules on typography, he shows that with the curiosity of what if in all the designs, it is more of a experiment in visual enjoyment.   This type of design is what I would like to strive for because you should enjoy what your doing and always be willing to try new things and look for new ideas.

The combination of type of objects is so amazing to me how it pulls the eye around the page making sure that everything is seen.  I love the colors as well even though they are simple they pop in the right places as well.  The chosen type is also known is swiss design and is one of my favorite things about it, how it is so distinctive to this certain design style.http://www.swisstypefaces.com

3 comments:

  1. His typographic expressions are collages of chaotic-and I'm digging it. There is unique perspective in the compositions as well that create great dimension and space. The black and white example incorporates type, environment, and subject perfectly. This has been inspirational, thank you, I often struggle with type. However, I am beginning to find more interest, especially after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His minimal use of color is great, I love when myself or others can find the perfect balance of color so that the design pops and is interesting with out overwhelming the design. Like his design on top, the yellow and orange draw my eye to the design so that I can see his interact graphics, photos and type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swiss design is so awesome and I too also drive to emulate it in my work. It is simultaneously modern and retro; simple and chaotic; hand made and industrial. Not only do the finished products look fantastic, but they give you a window into the design process of the time.

    ReplyDelete