25 February 2014

Creattica: Design Inspiration



Creattica: Design Inspiration

So, Since most of us know about designspiration, i decided to forego using that as this weeks post and instead found a very similar site. (designspiration is pretty cool if you haven't seen it already. It reminds me of pinterest, except cooler because its for designers.) The Site I found is called Creattica. As said before it I very similar to Designspiration but it never hurts to have more sources for inspiration. I know a lot of us struggle trying to finding something to do when it comes to a project and I always turn to one of these sites. Mainly for a little help for an idea, but also to find what is cool and "hip" I guess is the word kids are using these days. I don't want to  make something out dated and i want to make something that is going to stand out to someone and go "wow, thats pretty neat". Right? It is. Thanks to these websites, you can get that wow factor and help you find something that is "pretty neat".


With Creattica, you can look at what is new on there website and just browse through the front page for ideas, you can look at stuff by category by just using the Explore button or you can search for anything or something specific. 


I think this website will definitely be a great source of inspiration for me but also something cool too look at and also what you can do with certain things and certain programs. Being able to just look at what someone has done in photo shop makes me want to try it out and see what I can do. It also helps fine a lot of similar designs too so that you can branch off of an idea you have and see what you can do with it. 












My favorite feature though is the wall papers. I do like inspiration but being able to download a new wallpaper is pretty sweet too. 

7 comments:

  1. Great! Now there's yet another website I'll spend hours upon hours on, creating giant jpg-ClusterCuss piles of icons on my desktop :D jk In all seriousness this is very useful. I think it's so pivotal to have multiple sources to go to for inspiration. Honestly I think that any time I have produced something that was not "the greatest" it was because I didn't look for inspiration first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I didn't know that either of those existed. I usually just sit around and think of odd things until I come up with an idea that interests me. I added Designspiration to my Bookmarks, so hopefully next time I'm looking for inspiration I can check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Lately I've been using Pinterest as my go-to for design inspiration. I almost forgot about Designpiration, and I'd never heard of Creattica! It's always nice to have multiple sources of inspiration for projects though. This website is made up solely of a designer community too, it will be a great resource. Thanks for sharing!

    First thing I did after reading this post was go download a new desktop wall paper #noshame

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular! I love creative work hubs like this one! You get bombarded with these numerous creative works all at the same time and it makes you want to go out and design! I will have to add this site to the list of sites when I'm stuck in a rut!

    Yeah that wallpaper section is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I checked out this site after reading your post and found it wonderful. There are multitudes of designs and with so many to view, this is definitely a source for inspiration. I like how it shares other works and allows others to share theirs. Sharing ideas is also important in our field and its nice to have an outlet that provides mass constructive criticisms. I usually have no damn idea about any of these websites and feel that I am often to eager to see what my mind can contrive. However, I agree that sometimes it is difficult to come up with something unique. This site and many others are a good way to relieve that stress. Thanks for the link and nice post:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great site for inspiration. I have actually used it a few times before. Its awesome to see what other great minds are producing. Inspiration can come from anything, so its really helpful when people go ahead and put together a website full of insertional things. Yes people are always going to be critical, but thats half the fun. Almost no piece is fully done, and not everyone would have done it the same. Disagreeing is probably my favorite part of being a graphic design major, I love when people open my mind to see things I hadn't before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually have never heard of designinpiration or creattica! I'm always jonesin' for inspiration, I'm really stoked you shared these with your post. I just signed up for both of them :) Something I struggle with at times is going on an inspiration binge and not really take anything away from it aside from staring at pretty images, so I have made it a habit to take notes or make sketches of my own along the way. It's also nice that they provide networking, which I know I'm not quite yet ready for -- but am eager to take advantage of once I am!

    ReplyDelete