03 February 2014


Poster Design

by Taylor Ayers





While stumbling around the internet on this fine day, I came across this compilation of posters with famous quotes as their subject mater. I found this post on ultralinx.com and it's author is Tomas Laurinavicious. Designer and entrepreneur, Thomas is Editor-in-cheif at Despreneur and Product Manager at Refe. He currently resides in London.

Click here to see his original post.






These posters stood out to me because they related to my life as a designer. I especially appreciated those that talked about simple design. I am a firm believer in the saying that good design is as little design as possible. Although in some situations there is need for flare, most graphic design is best implicated with a simple concept.

3 comments:

  1. The quote on the first poster reminded me of something that I heard in the documentary Objectified. It is essentially true in my opinion. Though I think what they mean by "as little design as possible" is meant to be picked up as a simplified amount that does not take away from the overall design. Like in many of these posters, the design and the text incorporated are balanced together and allow for a good presented piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting subject in the world of art; simplicity. Back to basics and simple compositions have a subtle and inviting effect on the viewer. While I myself enjoy chaotic and dynamic compositions--I often find simplistic avenues to be just as enjoyable. I often find it difficult sometimes to create something interesting; and or captivating, with the use of simplistic compositional elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked on the website and looked at the different examples that it gave to explain and exemplify how simplicity in art can be the most powerful. A lot of the posters were really powerful to me. I like that they are simple, easy to read, and straight to the point. Before I started my VC degree I lacked appreciation for simplicity in art and design. Now having been in this degree for three years, I understand that simplicity is important and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete