04 February 2014

Blood, Sweat, Vector






While I do not frequent many design sites, one I do continuously come back to is named: Blood Sweat Vector. It is a collection of the posts, updates, releases and tutorials of many different vector artists all in one place. The topics covered by the site is not just limited to the digital realm; paper craft, wooden, plastic, and other physicals.

One of the things that keep bringing me back to this site is the connection between the creation of the designs and illustrations with their physical outputs. I feel that most design sites either focus on one area of design too much or don't have that feel of community that BSV has. Being able to see the different styles, materials, techniques of many different artists all in one place is a great way to get the creative juices flowing!


Biggie Smalls Tribute: Timelapse
http://vimeo.com/74843332


5 comments:

  1. Wow! This tutorial is pretty sweet. I'm in the same boat, I don't really frequent too many design sites, but the ones I do I frequent often. I've never actually seen such a variety of content, like you said, usually it is a very specific site. The one I got to is thegnomonworkshop.com forums, which is just focused on 3-D modeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really into vector art, and this tutorial was absolutely amazing. I've never really looked at many design blogs, but I'm glad you shared this one in particular. Vector art is just so amazing, and what I love most about it is the cleanness of most designs that incorporate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great site for vector art. It is a growing popularity and provides designers such as ourselves with an outlet for our creations. I especially enjoyed the tutorial video! I like to make portraits in illustrator, yet they never end up looking as characterized as these ones. It is something I would like to try though! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed at what people can to with these adobe programs. This tutorial is an example of one area of digital illustration that I really would love to explore. I am a studio artist as well as graphic designer and I would love to take the two and combine them just like the artist in this video has done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine what the layers panel looks like in the final piece of that tutorial. I find this example of technique incredibly helpful because I am constantly struggling to effectively layer vectors and my end product always appears far more two dimensional than what i set out to achieve.

    ReplyDelete