11 March 2013

Anthropologie House & Home Designers






Anthropologie is one of my biggest inspirations, not only because of the textile designs of their clothes and products but also the decorations and atmosphere they create in the store. Their website has a page about a featured artist and I have selected some of the products that stood out to me. 

The first image is a ceramic vase designed by Rachel Boxnboim. I love the texture and unique shape. Her bio explains, "Rachel sites her adopted city's [Jerusalem] cultural influence, which is evident in her ceramic method: she uses a kil to scorch away handmade fabric molds, revealing the porcelain within."  

The second image is a one of a kind, handmade chair by Slovenian artist Vanja Bazdulj. This chair is so creative and inspiring. I love seeing designs that are completely unique and unlike anything I've seen before. Vanja's bio says she is "inspired by everything from sea creatures to city life."

The last image is beautiful rug made out of wool, jute, and cotton backing by the talented designer Gordon Harrison Hull. He is "inspired by the rituals, mysticism and craft of Africa, his work is based on an aesthetic concept he calls 'lofic magic,' which explores instances of happenstance and the supernatural contemporary culture." The colors are amazing in this rug and I picture it in a large room with aged, white-painted, wood floors. I have never seen a rug with such an interesting shape. It adds so much to the design and feel. 

Here is the link to the featured artist page. I highly encourage you to take a look. These are only a few out of the incredible designs Anthropologie sells. 









5 comments:

  1. These are wonderful designs. I lie the tea pot with its warped design. The chair is great too. It almost looks like a book folded and tied together. The colors in the rug are great together. These designs are very inspirational. i will have to look at the website or go in the store. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love anthropology's designs, and I'm happy to see a little insight into who it's done by. I always go in there and take pictures of the cute things for inspiration later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anthropologie us one of my favorite companies when it comes to design. They always do an amazing job of advertising and design. Their in-store designs are also SO amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Anthropologie’s window, store, and product designs also. I am definitely adding this website to my inspiration folder. The colors they choose for each piece works well together. I love the natural appearance they maintain. I particularly like the work of Vanja Bazduli. The shapes are not typical of chairs, pots, lights, etc. The uniqueness of their design, with a raw, earthy, modern, soft appearance is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three items are unique and one of a kind in their designs, from the shapes and textures used to the actual colors and artistic style shown in each. It's also interesting to think that such beautiful and attention-grabbing items can be utilized.

    ReplyDelete