11 March 2013

SPOON GRAPHICS- Freebies, tutorials, and more!



While working on one of our many assignments, I wanted to figure out a way to texturize a logo in Illustrator. Thus far, I've only experimented with grunge textures in Photoshop, but the Brits at the Spoon Graphics Blog gave me plenty of help with my Illustrator endeavors! Not only were there 5+ tutorials covering different aspects of the design I needed, but Chris Spooner created a Vector Texture Freebie Pack that I could use and someday emulate on my own.
There are tons of detailed articles, and even more free packs that are really helpful! The tutorials are easy to read, and include great pictures to help you follow along. I feel like there are always tutorials online, but the amount of comprehensible tutorials is far more limited. If you need help with an effect, or creating a specific type of graphic, I'm sure Spoon Graphics has it! I know it will definitely be my first stop the next time I'm having trouble with something!

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a great resource. I normally go to smashingmagazine or other such website but I never knew about Spoon graphics. Thanks for sharing, I am sure this will save me in the future from some ill fate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tutorials on this website. I have used several of them and they have been very helpful. I like that they have so many different ones. They also give me ideas in general just by looking through them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at the website. The tutorials are really good. I am going to keep this in mind to give me inspiration for projects. Great website!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this site! He has quick and easy tips on almost all areas of graphic design that have been a resource to me for about a year or two now! I just used the same one for a vintage logo design on our latest project for packaging design.

    ReplyDelete