11 March 2013

Old-Timey Branding For Small Businesses

This article shows 14 examples of new logos with an older feel. Most of the examples are of small business logos, designed by designers all over the world. I feel like I have been seeing this trend a lot lately, and all these logos are very cool and well designed. I really liked the used of geometrical shapes in several of them. If you trying to design a logo this is a good place to look for inspiration.
Here are some of them:


And if you got some extra time check out A Projector and a Fog Machine Create Startling Visual Spaces. This is a very interesting and cool looking exhibitions, great environment design piece!

4 comments:

  1. I wonder how much time each one of those took to make. If I was trying to get even close to that I am sure it would take me at least 2 months. They are really inspired and creative. I love how they combine typography with elements that reflect the company. I do wonder though if they are too complex and of course this would become a problem if shrunk down. Anyways, I love the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really neat. I love this design trend as of late. The banner, handmade feel contrasted with crisp, clean typefaces is a really nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It gives such a "mom and pop" feel to small companies. The contrast is great, as is the color use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cool to see a collection of these together. The whole retro look is getting ridiculously trendy but I like it. An homage to things that were more hand crafted, whimsical, and not so focused on slick/sterile/mathematical design is great to see. It also draws in more of an artistic aspect to design which I think is never a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete