10 March 2013

The New PS4 Controller


So if you had heard Sony announced their new generation system on February 20th. The PlayStation 4, in my eyes has been longly anticipated since the release of the PlayStation 3. Although very little information was leaked about the new system, Sony has revealed that the system is scheduled to be release this holiday season with its rival, the X-Box 720. We have not seen the system its self but we have in fact seen what the controller looks like.







With this design Sony promises a better online experience with a "share" button on the top left and a light bar that can be used to identify players with color-coding. This blue light bar is also the link to the PlayStation camera that can track the pad for advanced motion controls.

All in all I like new controller design. It's a little more polished and a lot more interesting than the old controller. It's also great to see Sony deviate from the standard Dual Shock pad, smoothing things out and making the whole thing look a little fresher. I can't wait to get my hands on this and start playing some beautiful PS4 games!


2 comments:

  1. I'm not a Playstation person by any means and I'm not really a fan of the new controller. It's more of the same, plus a touch pad that seems useless to me. It looks like they smoothed it out so visually, it's a bit of an improvement. But eh...doesn't do much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really with James on this one. The controller looks only slightly better than it did 10 years ago and it wasn't exactly a dream to begin with from a UI perspective. What bothers me most of all are those teal, pink, orange, and powder-blue buttons. So 90s.

    ReplyDelete