08 April 2013

designers of tumblr

I've found tumblr to be a great source of inspiration and art-ogling material, but it's also a huge sample size- like one giant petri dish of humanity. For every amazing tumblr made by an inhumanly talented person, there are a thousand that make you cringe. I think this site helps bypass some of the endless digging one has to do on tumblr to find little glimmers of goodness: http://designersof.com . It feels so far like a nice mixture of illustration, typography, sculpture, objects, etc that all have a really strong sense of design without being totally sterile and focused on one style like a lot of other graphic design tumblrs I've looked at. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. This website looks interesting & like something I might enjoy. A friend introduced me to Tumblr a year ago & i didn't get it or find it interesting to me. I might give this site a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a cool website to check out when you're stuck and need a little inspiration. I really liked the Hong Kong Jazz festival poster; I might have to keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete