01 April 2013

High Resolution Recreations


This is some amazing photoshop work.  And the time lapse just makes it even more impressive.  Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrIU_90epw&feature=youtu.be  This fellow, who goes by Elemental79 on DeviantArt, has recreated several classic videogames in a realistic and extreme HD version.  Watching the process is just incredible.

You can see that he pulls bits and pieces from hundreds of different pictures to put together and blend in such a way that you would never believe could work so well.  Honestly makes me a bit jealous of his abilities to manipulate photos to this degree, but I'm sure he's been working at it for years.

I'm just hoping he keeps creating more of these.

2 comments:

  1. This is some of the coolest photoshop work i've seen recently. I'm a major fan of this game and to see the colors so vividly and so spectacularly is awesome, not to mention the process is just crazy. Makes me wish I knew how to use photoshop.My favorite part is it makes you feel as if youre there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea you could do this kind of artistic work with photoshop. If this is the kind of stuff they teach in the Digital Illustration course then Im excited.

    ReplyDelete