08 April 2013

INTERACTIVE DESIGN: A small start to your future.

INTERACTIVE FUTURE

Have you ever wanted to design your own website or create a portfolio that will cause you to stand out from other designers?

 Interactive design comes in many forms from Apps on your computer and smartphone to websites. One of the easiest way to start your journey into interactive design is through websites. 

I know that most of you probably don't enjoy programming and would rather have other people do it for you. 


While this is fully possible, it is always nice to know the basics. A really fun way to start, is a website known as codecademy.com. This website will guide to step by step through learning different web technologies. It will provide a way to track your progress, allow you to talk with others, and it is constantly improving and updating. The best part, is it is free and you can do it on your own pace and time. 



Since this technology is very widely known and supported, almost any question or problem you have is only a google search away from being answered. 

Remember, as with anything new, start off small so you are not overwhelmed and discouraged. For example, try creating a website about someone you love, a passion, or a cause you deeply believe in. You can include pictures, information, and eventually some form of interactivity through maybe a picture slideshow. Even if you feel you don't have time, spending 10 minutes a day can do wonders in the long run. Everyone has at least 10 minutes to spend on learning something that will only help them in the future.

Ultimately, I hope this post has encouraged you to start a new path towards a bright future that you can someday look back and be glad you achieved. Only you can achieve this goal, no one else can do it for you. I wish you the best of luck no matter what path you choose.

4 comments:

  1. One of my majors is Computer science, more specifically - Programming. I've actually been recommended by a couple friends to try out codeacademy to get more of a hang of programming, which is kickin' my butt! I'm really glad that you mentioned this site, since it will give me more confidence to start using it, knowing that it actually very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on the fact that any question is a google search away from being answered. Since interactive design isnt my strong suit, google becomes a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used codecademy.com over the winter break. This helped me greatly in the Interactive Design 2 class. I feel that without doing that I would have been greatly lost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checked out a few exercises on javascript and while it wasn't necessarily easier to learn than Kirk's, it does break it all down in an intuitive manner... Used to just copy paste my for loops from past pages but now I think Ive got em figured out. Very helpful

    ReplyDelete