01 April 2013

Patakk: Gifs for the Artsy People

I could spend hours looking at gifs that relate to my life. Excitement, peril, happiness, etc.

Granted, my favorite gifs are disney-related... BUT sometimes you just want one that's pretty, and nice to look at. Lucky for us, someone else feels the same way. I give you Pattakk, the Tumblr account dedicated to soothing, artsy gifs.

I'm so attracted to them because they're simplistic design that is in motion. Static design is beautiful, but these  seem to come alive in a way that is impossible for other types of design.

So the next time you want to take a homework break, cleanse your mind with these little guys.



See now? Don't you just feel better about life?





3 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! It makes me interested in learning how to make my own cool gifs for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of gifs as being a new form in digital art. I mean they've been around forever, but over the past few years people have taken them in a new direction. The file form can be used for more than just stupid, silly internet humor. I came across a video that PBS put out about .gifs a couple months ago that I found inspiration from (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxKb5mxM8g).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are crazy. I am so addicted. I think I could watch the gifs for hours. It is so cool seeing how each part changes and moves and what certain objects will morph into. The uniform movement of some of the gifs is very aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete