15 April 2013

IPhone App Design

I got a e-mail from LikedIn with articles related to design, and one of them that I thought was interesting was the 21 Beautiful iPhone App Websites. I thought it had great app examples and why their designs are successful. Most of the designs shown are simple and clean, which is really attractive to me. They also do a great job in simplifying information into icons and something fast to read and understand.
I thought this would be somewhat useful for Kirkby's class, since we are thinking about mobile first. It is also neat to see how such simple designs can be so successful and how color choice is such an important part of the design in these apps.


4 comments:

  1. I am currently using that website as inspiration for my web app in Kirkby's class. It is amazing over the years how app design has changed. We used to have interfaces that tried to mimic real world objects. Now we seem to be focusing on either a hybrid approach or a flat design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think theses apps do so well with apple iphones is because users of apple products like simple and clean design. All of these apps do a great job using a negative space, soft colors, and clean lines to make beautiful apps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site has a few other good articles that I checked while I was there. The one about logos had some interesting designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Daniel, this is useful to help us keep it simple when coding our mobile first site. Looking at other designs, maybe not a website but an app can aid in the process because it has a similar concept.

    ReplyDelete