15 April 2013

Marian Bantjes




Marian Bantjes is a Canadian designer, artist, illustrator, typographer and writer, who I’ve been interested in since my first semester. She started small as a book typesetter in 1983 and didn’t become well known for being a graphic designer until around 1994-2003.
The reason why I’m so interested in her is because of her style. Marian has an intricate design and she comes up with designs to do on abnormal creative surfaces that you would barely consider to do, such as etching her design on a gigantic mirror for a poster. 




My style seems to be on the simple side, however I want to try and experiment in more complex and intricate designs, since I am drawn to them, especially when they are done right. Which, if it's done by Marian, it usually is. So if you're looking for inspiration, or are attempting to try new things with your designs then I believe Marian would be a great place to look. Also remember, if you're feeling defeated about your future career path as a new graphic designer compared to all the big shots out there, it took Marian 10 years to get recognized, so you still got time to do your thing. 


4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy it when designers take their work to new mediums. Sometimes it can breathe new life into old work, or just spruce up a kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her because she is so creative and isn't afraid to use untraditional materials to create her designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's inspirational to know that if you feel defeated it doesn't always come come easily and as long as you keep at what you love it will happen. Sometimes it just takes time. I like how her work just flows and you can see all the detail if you look closely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much script. I like her style a lot. It's not my style but I like it. You should watch her TED talk online it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete