01 April 2013

The Designer's Toolbox: You Bring the Inspiration, They'll Worry About the Rest

Hey guys!

As designers, there are a lot of numbers and resources that we need to do our jobs well. Templates, dimensions, and conversion factors are all huge necessities that can be as hard to find and scattered as they are essential. They're not all that creative or overly-interesting, but without them our jobs would be a lot harder.

For designers who wish they had one bookmark to point them in the direction of these essentials, The Designer's Toolbox may be the answer! You can find envelope sizes, examples of different styles of binding, web standard dimensions, and more on this sweet website!

The DVD/CD Label Resource on Designer's Toolbox

It'd be a rough task to list out all of the things that make this website so handy, but make a point to follow the above link and check it out for yourself! It's made my bookmarks list, and I hope it'll make yours too!

8 comments:

  1. Wow that is very interesting site. I was making a DVD cover for my nephew this weekend and this would have been very helpful to find the size. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that there is a website out there as helpful as this one! Although, since it was created by designers, they probably understand the turmoil we go through trying to find the specific measurements of an object we don't have near us. The web dimensions were particularly helpful. Great find for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now love this site and love you, I'm constantly looking for the right size of a document or even a simple greeting card, this is just an awesome resource. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I have always wanted to make a postcard it will be good know these kind of things. I love that they have the inDesign file for you and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting site for all of specific measurements, types of bindings, and such! I think that the business card section is the craziest going deep into the decimals! For me, I think this is a useful resource to make something DIFFERENT outside of the norm- like envelopes and their purposes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. It is a great place to start to get a general idea for what you want the size to be. It has nice templates and graphics that show a 3D image of how it should look. Thank you so much for posting this! It inspired me and I feel like I have more options when it comes to my knowledge of styles, sizes and other elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great help for future projects or ideas. SO GREAT I bookmarked it. Thanks for showing me a resource I will most definitely use in the future. The inDesign files are also great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is neat! I messed up on the measurements on the packing design project and having this website would have help a lot. This for sharing!

    ReplyDelete